Mount Tabor Counseling hosts a series of online-live adult education classes for the laity and clergy on topics related to the spiritual life and the living our Catholic life through the help of insights from psychology. Topics that are open for the laity focus on personal psycho-spiritual development and relationships, where topics restricted to the Clergy focus on topics related to pastoral care, pastoral counseling and ministry in general. Anyone with a computer, phone or table can attend via online conference technology. See the link below to Register for the event so you can receive connection details and reminders.
Courses are completely free so spread the word with friends and family, regardless if they are Catholics or not!
All adult education classes are taught by a therapist of Mount Tabor Counseling, through the Zoom online platform. Zoom is an online webinar system which allows for video and audio sharing on Windows, Mac or IOS devices, or calling in through a toll-free phone. Once you have filled out the online registration form you will receive an email welcome letter. On the day of the class you will receive an email with login information for Zoom. Webinar times vary in order to allow for different schedules and timezones. Courses open to the laity will be recorded and posted to Mount Tabor Counseling’s youtube page a few days after each session. Courses restricted to the clergy will not be posted.
Upcoming Fall 2019 Classes For the Laity
- Psychological Insights for Spiritual Healing (10/19 8:30pm MDT)
- The Theology of Anxiety (11/2 8:30pm MDT)
- Catholic Marriage in the Modern Era (11/16 8:30pm MST)
- Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola and Mental Health (12/14 8:30pm MST)
Upcoming Fall 2019 Classes For the Clergy
- Pastoral Counseling: Ethical and Moral Considerations (9/24 8:30pm MDT)
Strategic Focused Pastoral Counseling (10/8 8:30pm MDT)
Pastoral Topics: Grief and Loss (10/22 8:30pm MDT)
Pastoral Topics: Rethinking Marriage Prep (11/5 8:30pm MST)
Upcoming Webinars for Trained Rise Members
These classes are open only to trained Rise Support Members. For More Information about RISE Please visit www.riseaod.org
Advanced Training – Supporting those with Sexual Abuse.
- Signs and Symptoms of Sexual Trauma (10/1 8:30pm MDT)
- Neuro-biology of Sexual Trauma (10/15 8:30pm MDT)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Other Psychopathology (10/29 8:30pm MDT)
- Reporting Sexual Abuse 11/12 8:30pm MST)
- Ministering to the Sexually Abused Part 1 (11/19 8:30pm MST)
- Ministering to the Sexually Abused Part 2 (11/26 8:30pm MST)
- Ministering to Adult Survivors (12/3 8:30pm MST)
- Ministering to Families of Victems (12/10 8:30pm MST)